Key Quantitative Benchmarks
DAYS PARTIES AGREED TO FORM A TGoNU
NUMBER OF UNIFIED SOLDIERS
NUMBER OF VIP PROTECTION FORCE
NUMBER OF CANTONMENT SITES FOR ALL SOLDIERS
DAYS LEFT TO FORM TRANSITIONAL GOVERNMENT
Status of Implementation
DECISION ON THE NUMBER OF STATES
UNIFIED SOLDIERS TRAINED
VIP PROTECTION FORCE TRAINED
SITES DEEMED SUITABLE FOR CANTONMENT
At a Glance: Status of Implementation of Critical Benchmarks
Disbursement of the balance of funds pledged for implementation of the Revitalized Agreement in an accountable manner
Decision on the number and boundaries of states
Demonstrable Political Goodwill and outcomes built through relationships and trust.
Outstanding Implementation Issues
- Disbursement of the balance of funds pledged for implementation of the Revitalized Agreement in an accountable manner;
- The number of states in South Sudan must be agreed upon;
- Adhere to cessation‑of‑hostilities agreements and stop ongoing conflict in the Equatoria region;
- At least 41,500 soldiers from both the government army and opposition rebels must are housed in barracks, trained and unified into one national army;
- 3,000-member VIP protection force are trained;
- A total of 40 cantonment sites with each site to have a maximum of 3,750 combatants and a minimum of not less than a force of a battalion.
- President Salva Kiir and former First Vice President Dr Riek Machar demonstrate political will that creates minimum trust and enough momentum to support establishment of TGoNU based on “a satisfactory implementation of outstanding tasks” by the end of 100 days. This includes encouraging outcomes as a result of face‑to‑face meetings and other mediation outcomes to resolve outstanding issues.